Thursday, December 6, 2012

Masculine Seasonal Thinking of You

If you are anything like me, making a guy friendly card is hard to do! As I was using the Watercolor Winter stamp set to make my Christmas Cards the wood and the pine needles reminded me of my daddy and I felt inspired to make a non-christmasy card! I used a few different techniques including distressing, sponging, and embossing with my Big Shot. And not only am I showing you the end product, but I think this time... I'll let you see my trial and error process of building it. Here goes!



      too boring/not enough contrast!              better but the bkgrd is still to blah!  


                                eh, kinda neat but not quite there               nice contrast....good color...






Stampin' Up! Thoughts & Prayers stamp set, Watercolor Winter stamp set, Timber standard wheel, wood grain embossing folder. Always Artichoke, Early Espresso, and Sahara Sand.

1 comment:

  1. Love these! They look great! I LOVE the woodgrain embossing folder effect! (Any scraps left on your workspace that you don't want anymore?)

    ReplyDelete