Thursday, October 18, 2012

"thumping" technique


Any one else think that is the stupidest name ever? BUT don't let that stop you for trying it. Ink up your favorite solid or background stamp (I'd avoid detailed line art) in a light to medium color. Pick up a coordinating darker marker color and quickly and sporadically tap the inked up stamp as much or as little as you want! Don't worry it shouldn't hurt your marker! Stamp and ta-dah! Instead of a boring old solid stamped image you will have a cool looking one-of-a-kind image!


Here's where I used the Stampin' Up! sale-a-bration set "Fresh Vintage" stamp in Pacific Point blue and "thumped" (oh I hate saying that!) in Basic Black! Stamping in two different colors at the same time will give your images a little something extra that will make even a simple card look extra special! I love how it never looks the same twice.

it also creates a great background --try it on a coordinating color background!

I also added some glitter to spruce it up even more! I'll share the full card after this weekend (it's part of a gift for my nephew's wedding -- a whole post in and of itself!) Meanwhile, happy thumping! (Yeah, I said it!)

1 comment:

  1. Sara, your work is so pretty and clean. I would love to follow your blog, but I don't see the "join this site" tab. Beautiful (scrolled down and fell in love with that pearly leaf card...wowzer!).

    ReplyDelete